They’re clean and nourishing from the inside out… Once Again Nut Butters are employee owned and nourish the farms in Central America as much as you… It was really beautiful spending time with these guys…
(Organic and Non- GMO = LIKE!)
Some key ‘take-aways’ and my notes from our interview:
1) ‘Raw’ on the label of a food product can be misleading (and when it comes to nut’s even meaningless)
2) ‘Raw’ in itself does not necessarily mean a ‘good thing’. Eating a fad Raw food diet because you think it’s good for you might not be the best thing for you. When it comes to finding your best meal and food selection it ALWAYS depends.
3) Looking after your suppliers (the farms) is a HUGE piece of the puzzle. There was a specific nut shortage a few years ago, because Once Again Nut Butters were taking care of their farms in Central America, they still had supplies. (they said their competitors were even coming to them for nuts!! NUTS!!)
4) Nuts in General are not the easiest things to digest, nut butters are easier.
5) In Traditional Chinese Medicine, a practice I am very fond of, they consider nut butters to be ‘dampening’ and so if you are prone to phlegm then hold off on the nut butter for a bit…
6) Gael and Roy (in the interview) are legends!
7) Always check the mic.